Automatically Collect Responses With SMS Marketing Platform
Every SMS marketing platform can send messages, but very few can:
- Collect SMS marketing responses
- Update the customer record with SMS responses
- Opt in a new subscriber via SMS
- Trigger an email or SMS series based on an answer
- Update their email address by SMS
Lets focus on collecting SMS marketing responses.
SMS responses are collected by the system when you use the system number for sending. This article details where the responses are available, and how to collect these responses against each of your contacts record.
SMS Responses in Reports
Once an SMS has been sent, you can view your report on that send to see if it has been delivered, acknowledged, bounced, or failed.
Within the report you will also see a menu option called ‘Responses’. From here you can view the responses from the recipients who have responded to your SMS.
Adding SMS Responses to your Contact List
If you wish to add the SMS responses back into the list against the contact who replied, you will need to set this up by following the instructions below.
1. Go to ‘Lists‘.
2. Select the list that you plan to send your SMS to.
3. Click ‘Edit‘ from the Actions menu.
4. Add in a Comments field by clicking ‘Add A New Field’ on the right side of the page.
5. Give the field an easily identifiable name, like ‘Responses’. This is where the responses to your SMS will be stored.
6. Click the green ‘Save’ button in the top right corner of the page.
7. Click the ‘Edit’ link beside the List’s name, at the top of the page.
8. Select the ‘SMS Settings’ tab.
9. Select ‘Update Contact’ from the options available.
10. Using the arrows select the Field you wish the SMS Responses added to.
11. Save your Changes.
Please note: It is recommended to set up a responses field for each SMS send, otherwise the next response from your contact will override the existing stored response in that field.
If you want to send out a second SMS and wish the responses to be stored against your contact record, please repeat the above instructions for a new field. If you don’t, the system will overwrite the last response from this contact with the new response.
Take control of your own marketing campaigns with an Australian email and SMS marketing platform, ask us to set yours up today.